Is easily seen on the off side between the , now well established, herbage lining the banks on both sides of the canal.
This was near to the site of the 1936 breach. The sum of £400 could not be found by the canals owners (the London, Midland and Scottish Railway Company) to repair what, at the time, was a small breach on the off side.
Failure to repair the breach led to the 1944 legal abandonment of the canal. (But, of course, now re-opened)